I love a good chicken recipe. If it’s quick and easy and wrapped in bacon, SIGN ME UP!! This AMAZING easy low carb crack chicken is most of my favorite things in one dish.
I am a firm believer in the mantra “all things are better with bacon”. Bacon is wonderfully delicious AND super easy to cook. Have you ever had a doughnut or cupcake with bacon?
I used my bacon-wrapped chicken recipe, which takes chicken strips and wraps them in bacon. You can find that recipe here.
(This is where I warn you that this post may contain affiliate links. This means I make a commission if you make a purchase from a link on this site. No extra cost to you. Read more here.)
Once the chicken is wrapped, you bake it. I recommend a baking dish like this one. You can bake and store food all in one container. The glass is durable and dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe. The lid is BPA free and freezer, microwave and top-rack dishwasher safe.
Once the bacon-wrapped chicken is done with it’s first 15minutes, it is topped with a wonderful, cheesy sauce and then baked again.
When done, each “crack” chicken tender has 2 carbs and 109 calories. Did I mention it’s AMAZING? You really can’t beat this 30 minute recipe for a quick weeknight dinner, but it’s also a great idea for any time.
I added mushrooms to mine because along with bacon, I LOVE LOVE LOVE mushrooms. This part is completely optional.
How do I know if my chicken is done?
At 400 degrees F, chicken tenderloin strips take approximately 15-20 minutes to bake. Chicken breasts take approximately 40 minutes. Chicken is done baking when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Can i freeze this low carb chicken recipe?
While I wouldn’t recommend freezing and reheating this meal, you can definitely store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days.
This easy, low carb “crack” chicken recipe will become a staple in your house. Please let me know if you make it and if you like it.
If you’re looking for more ideas for keto or low-carb recipes, you’ll want to check here.
- 1 package chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 slice of bacon for each strip (more if needed)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C chicken broth
- 1/2 package Ranch dressing seasoning mix
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil and spray it with nonstick spray (or use vegetable oil or EVOO)
2. Wrap each strip in bacon and lay in it the dish.
3. Bake bacon-wrapped chicken for 15 minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking, mix all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
5. Remove chicken from heat. Top with cream cheese mixture and return to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and enjoy.