I LOVE CHOCOLATE. There, I said it. Admission is half the battle, right? Well anyways, these brownie cookies are amazing and will fix any chocolate craving that you have.
I’m not even entirely sure what I made these for. I’m sure if I think back hard enough I’ll remember, but honestly does it matter?? I made them and they were delicious.
Now only are they delicious, they are so easy. They prep in about 10 minutes and
You start by melting some of the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second increments until melted. Although you can, I don’t recommend using chocolate chips for this recipe. You can easily chop up a chocolate bar . I recommend Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate.
Then you’re going to mix the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a separate bowl until fluffy. Afterwards, mix in the chocolate and then the flour, salt and baking powder.
Mix in ¾ of the remaining chocolate chunks, but save some.
Then chill the dough for at least an hour. It will start out looking like batter but will firm up so you can roll the dough into balls. Then you take the remaining chocolate chunks and press them into the tops of the cookies.
You’ll bake them for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees and then let them cool for 10. And then you eat them.
There it is. There’s my amazing recipe for brownie cookies, the easy, chewy cookies that taste and act like brownies.
If you’re looking for something a little less chocolatey, you can try these eggless chocolate chip cookies. They are sweet but not too sweet and bake very well.
Please don’t forget to share, and add me on Facebook.
- 20 ounce chocolate bar, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Melt 8oz chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. If not melted, continue in 15 second increments until melted.
- Mix together the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chocolate to mix and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 of remaining chocolate chunks, reserving the rest.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet or 2 with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into 2 Tbs sized balls and place them 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake one at a time for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then store in aritight container.