I am a sucker for easy recipes. If I can make it in 30 minutes of less, I’m liable to not only make it but hoard the recipe for use again later. These easy chicken enchiladas take about 30 minutes to make and are delicious.
(Just FYI, this post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click through and purchase, I make a commission. No extra cost to you. Read more in the disclaimer.)
I’m ESPECIALLY a fan of easy recipes if my entire family eat them. This is one of those. It takes minimal effort to make this delicious Mexican-esque meal. (It’s a word…trust me)
I’m also INCREDIBLY proud of this one because I made it without a recipe, Just winged it and it came out fantastic. That doesn’t happen often. I normally am a stickler for recipes. I used to CRINGE at people that said they just made up a recipe.
I had all the ingredients for this recipe at my house and threw them all together with no recipe intervention.
Josh even asked me to put this in the “save” pile, AND got multiple helpings. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Well, the way to this cook’s heart is taking more than one serving of something.
These Chicken enchiladas are seriously delicious.
If you need a good recipe for DIY fajita/taco/Mexican seasoning to use when making this recipe, check here.
A word on folding torTillas……
Folding tortillas is not an easy task sometimes. You have to make sure all of the variables align or you will see how futile the efforts are.
- You have to have a big enough tortilla. Tiny baby tortillas won’t roll the right way or uou won’t be able to put enough filling in them.
- You have to have the right amount of stuff inside it. You can’t fill a tortilla so full that it won’t roll.
- I can’t give you exacts on either of these pointers. It’s trial and error, sorry.
- To effectively roll an enchilada, you fill it with stuffing, folding 2 sides in around the filling. Then you take the third side and “tuck” it around the stuffing. Then roll it up on the 4th edge.
Make sure when you bake these, that seam you made when you rolled them is on the bottom of the pan.
As always, I love knowing when people make my recipes. So if you do, leave me a comment here and let me know.
Easy 30 minute chicken enchiladas are sure to be a hit with the entire family! They are easy to make ans taste delicious.
- 1 pound of chicken (cooked and shredded (I boiled mine, but I’m sure any tupe of cooked chicken will work))
- 1 can Rotel (drained)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar because I had it on hand)
- 1 cup cheese dip (I used Tostinos Queso Blanco dip, again because on hand)
- 6 tortillas (the burrito kind because they are bigger)
- 1 TBS oil of choice (I used coconut because I had it)
- 1 Tsp Cilantro
- 1 Tbs mexican seasoning
Add chopped onion to skillet with oil over medium heat. Add shredded, cooked chicken and cook until onions are cooked through (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from heat, add mexican seasoning and stir to combine.
Add Rotel and Cilantro and mix well.
Spoon about a half cup of mixture into tortilla. Fold left and right sides in. Then fold bottom and "tuck" it under. Roll and place SEAM DOWN into greased 9x13 pan.
Top with cheese dip and shredded cheese.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.