THIS EASY AND DELICIOUS JALAPENO CHICKEN WAS HEAVEN.
It was just spicy enough but not overbearing. My kids would probably even eat it, if they weren’t highly offended by “green stuff” in their food. Insert eye roll.
I mean, seriously.
It may be one of the best chicken recipes I’ve ever made!!!
I made half of what this recipe calls for because I only needed 2 breasts, but DAMN do I wish I had made it all.
I’m not a friend of jalapenos normally. I can eat them, but in small doses. I was worried that this recipe would be hot, but it is perfect.
It’s not hot at all, but you still taste the flavor of the jalapenos, if that makes sense.
It has 5 carbs per serving, so it will fit nicely into the diet of those keto and low carb folks.
Let’s talk about this recipe for a second, though.
First, I use whole chicken breasts cut in half. Otherwise the breasts take a while to cook and my instant gratification cannot tolerate waiting on food.
Second, be careful with jalapenos. If you get the juice on your hands, you’ll feel the ramifications of that event for HOURS, especially if you rub your eyes. Ask me how I know.
Third, I bake my chicken for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F then check it. If it isn’t done, I cook it incrementally until it is. I normally will let it cook 5 additional minutes, check it and then repeat until it’s done. There’s nothing as unpleasant as dry chicken.
With this easy and delicious jalapeno chicken recipe, though, you’ll never have to worry about dry, flavorless chicken.
If you just want to browse all my recipes, click here.
Lastly, if you’re looking for a great new 9×13 pan to cook all of your delicious goodies in, I recommend this one from Pyrex. I adore my Pyrex dishes and with Amazon Prime, I get them next day (as well as almost everything else I order) with free shipping.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup diced jalapenos
- 5 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray 9x13 pan with nonstick spray of choice.
- Place halved chicken breasts in pan.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in small bowl except for half cup of cheese and spread on top of each chicken breast.
- Add remaining cheese to the top.
- Bake until done; internal temperature will be 165 degrees F.