I very rarely make meals that don’t make leftovers. Every meal I cook normally ends up being eaten for at least one day later. This low carb crustless taco pie was NOT that meal.
(By the way, this post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I make a commission at no extra cost to you. Read more about that here if you want to.)
I try not to speak ill of my children. That’s a lie. If they deserve it, I most assuredly will. That being said, my kids can be picky. Like, “I like it today but I may not tomorrow” picky. I am hard pressed to find a meal they will eat every time I make it.
low carb Taco Pie is one of those meals
WE EAT THE ENTIRE PIE IN ONE MEAL EVERY TIME I MAKE IT.
The kids always eat at least 2 slices every time and Josh and I eat the rest. As a mom, I’m monumentally proud of that fact.
This recipe is super easy to make and only requires about 35-40 minutes from start to eat. It’s definitely a crowd pleaser, and will be added to the rotation of dinner meals at my house.
I also recommend my homemade taco seasoning. It’s really more like homemade Mexican seasoning, because you can use it with tacos, fajitas or any Mexican dish.
For example, I used it in this chicken enchilada recipe.
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how incredibly easy it is to make. Brown and season meat, mix eggs and cream, pour over meat, bake and top with cheese. 5 ingredient taco pie in an hour or less.
I will say this again (mostly because it astounds me), but we ate THE WHOLE THING. Every single bite.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tbs homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning of you choosing
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 cups colby jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie pan.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium high heat until meat in no longer brown. Mix in taco seasoning and spread beef into bottom of pan.
- Combine the eggs, cream and some of the cheese in a bowl. Pour over beef mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for about 30 minute or until center is no longer jiggly.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole or salsa for an extra kick.
a few of my favorite things
Here are some of my favorite things from this post. Click the pic for more details.